Sunday seems to have become our baking day. Daisy has got to an age where she wants to make things by herself and is very impressed when she gets to hand them out to the neighbours. It’s so lovely to see her sharing. This week we got all our cook books out and had a good look for a recipe that took our fancy. The opening line ‘one of my favourite chocolates is a Ferrero Rocher‘ instantly made me choose this recipe from Gino’s Italian Escape (Book 1). Daisy took some convincing as there wasn’t a photo, but down to the fact it was chocolate she was in. They were magnificent and so easy to make. We didn’t have crushed hazlenuts for the top so Daisy added a strawberry.
Makes 12 cupcakes
For the cakes:
- 8 Ferrero Rocher , cold from the fridge
- 85g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g natural yogurt
- 115g self-raising flour, sifted
For the topping:
- 4 tablespoons Nutella chocolate spread
- 4 tablespoons crushed hazlenuts
- Preheat the oven to 160°c/gas mark 3. Line a baking tray with 12 paper cupcake cases.
- Remove the Ferrero Rocher wrappers and place the chocolates in a small bag. Crush gently with a rolling pin and set aside.
- Place all the remaining ingredients (except those for the topping) in a large bowl and whisk vigorously until fully combined. Gently stir in the cushed chocolates with a flexible spatula, then use a tablespoon to divide the mixture between the paper cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cupcakes are well risen and springy in the centre, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Melt the Nutella slightly in the microwave if it’s quite hard and then with the back of a teaspoon, spread the Nutella over the top of each cupcake and sprinkle the chopped hazlenuts on top.
You may also like:-